The postcards above are by my clever Mum, artist Annie Herron. Mum is coming to our Farm Kitchen on September 1st and 2nd to teach a drawing workshop and I just wanted to let you all know that we have five spots left. This will be a wonderful weekend and a great way for both beginners to get started and those with a little more experience to refresh and hone their skills. Mum is an experienced art teacher and runs amazing residential workshops from her studio in Rydal, you can read more about this over here. She'll be teaching, I'll be cooking morning teas and lunches and it's going to be great. If interested, please email me for more information.
And now, the Friday List
- I'd love to try this winter granita from a new favourite, Butterfly Foodie
- I thought it was cold in Orange at the moment.. postcards from Iceland from the incredibly talented Emilie of Girottes (by the way, if you haven't discovered this blog yet, please take a look it's one of the most beautiful ones out there)
- Pasta puttanesca by Design Sponge
- Lots of great recipes idea over at this new Australian blog Emerald and Ella
- I love this little poem by William Carlos Williams, and the plum cake it inspired over on Eat this Poem
- And here's William Carlos Williams again, on another new discovery Feasting on Art. This wonderful blog by Sydney-based art historian and writer Megan fizell is such a find. Be prepared to get lost...
- And here's nother entry in the beautiful Herriot Grace series 'For the Love of Pie'. This one is by two favourite bloggers, Aran of Cannelle et Vanille and Nadia from La Porte Rouge
- Yummo... ice cream sandwiches from Chasing Delicious look so beautiful
- We are planning a little holiday for September so will definitely be saving this recipe for 'travel cakes'