The Friday List and a loaf less ordinary

11.01.2012

As of last tuesday I have a new baby. It must be fed every eight hours and hopefully will bring us great joy for many years to come. It's my very own sourdough starter and was born at Brasserie Bread's headquarters in Sydney.

Brasserie Bread is an artisan bakery with scale. The main outlet is a fantastic bakery and cafe in Botany and here they produce a range of beautiful breads; from caramelised garlic loaves to  traditional baguettes, sour cherry fruit bread, seeded sourdough and soft dinner rolls. Under the guidance of founder Michael Klausen, the bakery has also developed an excellent program of baking classes including free ones for children. This week I went along to their Start your Starter class and thanks to the lovely training manager Matt, learned how to do exactly that, and how to work the dough then shape it into classic bread forms.

So Thank you Matt, Michael and Brassserie Bread for getting me started (pardon the pun), and for those interested in learning about sourdough baking I can't recommend this class highly enough! Friday list follows below...






2 comments:

  1. I zipped across and booked the kids in for a class immediately - in June next year. I think it will be worth the wait. In the meantime, I'll be visiting myself. Thanks Soph. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I have heard the kids classes are really fantastic. Mine are still a little bit young but will definitely send them along as soon as possible. Hope you had a lovely weekend Bron. Sophx

      Delete

local is lovely All rights reserved
Design + Development by Ana Degenaar