We have, like everyone, been busy these past few days getting ready for Christmas and are now ready to stop and just enjoy the next few days. This morning we picked strawberries at the fabulous Huntley Berry Farm and it was a great way to spend the morning. The farm itself is in full swing with strawberries and black and red currants ripe for the picking. There are plenty of shady spots where visitors are welcome to have their own picnic and also a little cafe selling jams and ice creams. We picked a big basket-full of berries to top the trifle we'll be having for dessert tonight.
I 'm looking forward some 'screen-free' time over Christmas so this will be my last post here for a week. In the meantime, below are a few links to a few lovely recipes and blogs that might make good festive reading over the weekend. Merry Christmas and see you next year!
- From Call me Cupcake, the BIG Christmas post. Includes some amazingly good-looking cakes and treats
- Pistachio ice cream from Love and Lemons
- Really excited about the upcoming launch of Modern Farmer
- A recipe for one of my favourite things; chocolate mint patties
- Chocolate bark from chasing delicious
- A beautiful home made pasta from Juls' Kitchen
- Almond and lemon thumbprint cookies
- The great French bake-off from My Little Fabric. Just beautiful
- Though these Christmas drinks are more suited to colder climates, we are expecting (hoping) for a cool and wet christmas so might give this boozy cider a whirl!
- Sweet potato samosas from Happy Yolks. These could be good for NYE...