After some lovely soft rain yesterday, we have woken to a bright, cool Good Friday and better yet, are home to enjoy the day. So, wishing everyone a happy, calm Easter and of course lots of lovely chocolate and hot cross buns!
And until next week, here are some links and Easter-ish recipes for this long weekend. Sophiex
- Hot cross pancakes from Joy the Baker
- I'd love to cook every one of these recipes this weekend. Thank you Katie Quinn Davies!
- These chocolate filled sultana buns are right up my alley
- Just discovered this online food mag and just love it; Luscious
- This farm, restaurant and guest house in South Africa looks just amazing
- An old fashioned chocolate cake by Poires au Chocolat
- This would be a nice spot for a cosy Autumn weekend...and we could have plum breakfast cake there too! Both by Olivia Rae James
Gorgeous little girl's birthday party
- If you happen to live in London and are planning a wedding, check this out - what an amazing amazing venue and set up. And from the same blog, House of Bliss, this could be a cool (literally) honeymoon venue.
- Hugh Fearnley-Wittingstall's easy Easter menu (his beef cheek recipe would be fantastic with our venison osso buco)
- A beautiful pear and hazlenut tart and dulche de leche tiramisu, both from Style me Pretty