quinces are almost ready to pick, hazlenuts and chestnuts are falling and mushrooms are popping up everywhere.
My parents-in-law Judith and Andrew have an amazing garden that incorporates a wooded area covered thickly with pine-needles. Under this carpet are hundreds of beautiful pink saffron cap and porcini mushrooms, creating little mounds as they push up to the surface.
But for now, here below are a few links to articles and recipes you might like to read and cook in the coming weeks. Have a lovely weekend!
- I'm only just recovering from a serious case of kitchen and lifestyle envy brought on by this slideshow. Here's another one that's a touch hard to take, but this time, a country retreat in Brooklyn
- These apple and oat tarts look beautiful and pretty healthy
- Will definitely be making this cream of mushroom soup with some of today's stash
- Happy Yolks does kale and apple tamales. Yum
- Noma's coffee 'sommelier' talks brewing
- The Selby visits an organic Japanese egg farm
- Granola bars by the Delightful Crumb
- Honestly Yum is a very cool new food blog from the states
- It's Friday so lets celebrate with a nice glass of something...What about a cardamom rose cocktail or spicy grapefruit margarita?
- Hot cross brioche buns by my new favourite print magazine, Fete Press
- Inside out ravioli by the beautiful Reclaiming Provincial
- Pistachio layer cake with honey butter by The Tart Tart
- For the sweet toothed among us, how beautiful does this banoffee parfait with date caramel and granola recipe look?
- I wish I travelled with food like this.