The Friday List

3.27.2014



This week has been very book-ish for me. My own was launched last night and I also just picked up a copy of a new favourite; My Darling Lemon Thyme by one of my favourite Australian food writers Emma Galloway (who writes a blog of the same name). I adore everything about this book; from the range of recipes to Emma's approach to healthy cooking and her incredible styling and photography. It is now available nationally and is definitely work seeking out. Well done Emma!!!

As much as I enjoy exploring and posting recipes here on the interwebs; nothing beats holding and cooking from actual book, especially one as beautiful as Emma's.

Speaking of online discoveries and eats; here is this week's Friday List. A little shorter than usual I'm sorry, but here nonetheless...

The Friday List


Gorgeous little video from Kinfolk about every day home life. Just a bunch of beautiful people cooking and hanging out at home together. A nice break if you have a few minutes spare...

Useful things to know about eggs from my local food hero Lesley Russell

Every time I open up Happy Yolks, I want to run straight to the kitchen and start cooking - in this case, a batch of lemon and ricotta agnolotti.

And as soon as lemons are back on the tree, am absolutely going to make this lemon and bay leaf pound cake from 101 Cookbooks

Hungarian plum dumplings from one of my all time favourite Australian blogs , Bizzy Lizzy's Good Things

And here's a little eye candy in the form of Tricia Joyce's incredible food photography

Thank you so very much to these lovely bloggers for saying such nice things about my book; Bron of Maxabella loves, Beth of Baby Mac and Jane from the Shady Baker and Emma from She Sows Seeds. I am always blown away by how supportive the bloggy world can be.

This post did make me feel terribly inadequate - I hadn't begun to contemplate Easter before seeing this...but there are some very cute Easter craft ideas in here, worth bookmarking if you have little people underfoot.

One day I'd love to attempt Molly Yeh's princess cakes

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your book Sophie, cant wait to have a look at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind lovely lady! I hope your launch went well, you should be so super proud of your book, it's beautiful (also can't believe how quickly you got it finished and on the shelves!).
    Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie, how very exciting for you! I can't wait to see the book. We will be in Orange for FOOD... hope to see you there perhaps? Thanks so much for the delicious shout out too xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many exciting things happening in this post Sophie! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great book to hunt up C:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I just came across your blog and I found really interesting posts. Congratulations on your book! Happy Spring!
    Tenancy Cleaners W2

    ReplyDelete

local is lovely All rights reserved
Design + Development by Ana Degenaar