The (Good) Friday List

4.17.2014



Happy Good Friday! I hope you manage to spend some of it sitting comfortably in the sun, drinking cups of tea, chatting, reading and eating hot cross buns. Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Speaking of tea...this teapot, pictured above, has just been added to my poster shop and really is a great big punch of loved-up colour. It was snapped last year while doing a course at The School. Perfect for that wall in the corner there that you've never really known what to hang with...

And speaking of Friday, here below is today's reading/cooking list. Best wishes to everyone for a happy and safe Easter! And if you are in Sydney tomorrow, we will be at the Northside Produce market with loads of our Mandagery Creek Venison. From 10am I'll also be chatting about my book with Syd Pemberton.

The Friday List

I am so very honoured to be included in the Kidspot Hall of Fame again this year. Talk about being in good company...Thank you very very very much!

So so much beauty in this post. And Mimi - I can't wait to eat at your restaurant...one day.

A beautiful recipe for slow-cooked Italian stew by lucky Lizzie Hewson (author of Moving out Eating In). Lizzie is spending a year in Piedmont, living in my one-time-home-town Bra and studying at Slow Food's University of Gastronomic Sciences. As I said...lucky thing!!

Such beautiful food photography over on V.K.Rees...

Strawberry cheesecake jars from Call me Cupcake.

Red fruit custard cake from Food Loves Writing.

Hot cross donuts filled with raspberry jam via The Sugar Hit. Hit me.

I've never made a coffee walnut cake but after reading this, am seriously considering having a go. This Austrian coffee cake by Trostki and Ash looks pretty fantastic too.

Five things to read before inviting anyone over on Easter Sunday. Apparently...

Here's my beautiful sister-in-law baking up a storm over on the Good Day Girl blog

Armchair travel - off to perfectly imperfect Portugal via Sweet Paul then Tasmania's west coast via Hugo and Elsa finishing with a brief stop over in Milan thanks to Lingered Upon.

Tumblr of the week? After the cups. Definitely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

local is lovely All rights reserved
Design + Development by Ana Degenaar