The Friday List

9.26.2014

 

A brief and delayed Friday list today as school holidays and a trip to Sydney have meant very little time online this week - my apologies!

We spent a little time in the Blue Mountains on the way east this week and I'm so glad. I'd forgotten how special those views are; how good the air smells and how many hidden little look outs there are around Leura and Katoomba. This photo was taken from my favourite; Sublime Point. And yes, it really does live up to its name.



Can never have enough good brownie recipes - and this one might be my new favourite.

Molly's salt and vinegar potato galette. 

This is pretty cute.

Off we go to Bruny Island with Hugo and Elsa. Beautiful. 

I can't get enough of Mimi Thorisson's achingly beautful blog Manger. This post is perfection...Honestly she is almost too good to be true.

Stinging nettles are growing robustly around the sheds at the moment, and new season garlic is just starting to come through so I'm a bit keen to try this recipe from Donal Skehan.

Have kept this Yotam Ottolenghi recipe from Tuesday's Good Living supplement to make (but with venison shoulder) on Sunday - yummo, I love this kind of food.

This hazlenut layer cake from Dolly and Oatmeal is incredible. Yum.

This cake might just become my next go-to recipe for morning teas at the farm kitchen.

Everyone needs a good crostata recipe - make this one yours.


1 comments:

  1. Ever since my trip to King Island I've been dreaming of Bruny. Thank you for the intro to Hugo and Elsa x

    ReplyDelete

local is lovely All rights reserved
Design + Development by Ana Degenaar